Mortgages for Business is committed to keeping both our staff and clients safe during the COVID-19 outbreak while maintaining the best service possible. Our teams are working from home, but don’t worry, you can still contact us in the usual ways.
To read our comprehensive FAQ guide on how the emergency interest rate reduction and Coronavirus outbreak could affect your mortgage, please click here.
If you want to request a payment holiday, please contact your lender directly. For lender contact details, click here.

BTL mortgage for multi-millionaire with commercial and residential property portfolio

Key points:

  • A wealthy landlord with a very large portfolio of both commercial and residential investment properties

  • Properties owned in a mixture of vehicles – trading Ltd Co, SPV Ltd Co and in his personal name

  • Lots of buy to let and commercial mortgages with lots of different lenders

  • Hoping to secure finance for a 3-bed semi-detached house via his SPV

Full details:

We were approached by a broker looking to source buy to let finance for his client – a wealthy landlord with an extensive property portfolio and car sales business.

The client owns a mixture of residential and commercial investment property in his car trading limited company, in an SPV limited company and in his personal name, totaling in excess of £8m.

He was looking to add to his property portfolio with the purchase of a 3-bed semi-detached house in a well sought after area of Essex. He was hoping to secure finance using his SPV limited company, of which he is director and 90% shareholder – his partner holds the remaining 10% of shares.

The client’s originating broker had approached numerous mainstream lenders but had been declined because the SPV owns properties mortgaged by other lenders and most mainstream lenders require a debenture over the company which was not possible.

Fortunately with direct access to Keystone we were able to place the case and secure the following terms:

Property value: £325,000

Loan amount: £230,000

LTV: 71%

Rate: 4.29% 3 year fixed

Term: 10 years interest only

Borrower: SPV Limited Company

Lender arrangement fee: 2% (£4,600)

Mortgage payment: £838 pcm

Rental income: £1,800 pcm

Gross yield: 6.6% pa

Consultant: Phil Riches, 01732 471630

NB: ANY PROPERTY USED AS SECURITY, WHICH MAY INCLUDE YOUR HOME, MAY BE REPOSSESSED IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP REPAYMENTS ON YOUR MORTGAGE

Get in contact with us: 0345 345 6788 or ...

Submit an enquiry
Arrange a call back