Skip to Main Content
SPV with elderly shareholder raises capital on high rise flat

SPV with elderly shareholder raises capital on high rise flat

A mother and son approached us looking to release equity from one of their buy to let properties – a two-bed flat within an 18-storey block. They planned to use the capital raised to purchase their third buy to let property.

The mother and son’s properties are held within an SPV Ltd Co. The son is the sole director and 80% shareholder, the mother owns the remaining 20% shareholding. 

As the mother is elderly with no income, we needed to source finance from a lender which would underwrite the case based solely on the director’s income. (Some lenders will ask to look at the income of all shareholders).

We took the case to an intermediary only lender which will underwrite on this basis and, happy with the son’s income and experience, the following terms were offered:

Property Details

Property value: £210,000

Loan amount: £145,000

LTV: 75%

Rate: 3.54% 2 year discounted

Term: 22 years interest only

Borrower: SPV Ltd Co

Lender arrangement fee: £2,175

Mortgage payment: £430 pcm

Rental income: £875 pcm

Gross yield: 5% pa

Consultant: Gavin Richardson, 01732 471613         

 

NB: ANY PROPERTY USED AS SECURITY, WHICH MAY INCLUDE YOUR HOME, MAY BE REPOSSESSED IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP REPAYMENTS ON YOUR MORTGAGE

Get in contact with us: 0345 345 6788 or ...

Submit an enquiry
Arrange a call back

Mortgages for Business Ltd is registered
in England and Wales No. 2502713.

Registered office:
17 Kings Hill Avenue,
Kings Hill, West Malling,
ME19 4UA.

© Copyright 2022. All rights reserved.

Mortgages for Business Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Finance Conduct Authority (No. 313537) to transact regulated mortgages. We are a credit broker, not a lender. We work with the whole of market in sourcing a lender for you; we may receive a commission from the lender, and this amount varies between lenders. The FCA does not regulate some investment mortgage contracts. Mortgages for Business Ltd is a founding member of the National Association of Commercial Finance Brokers, the body that promotes best practice within the commercial finance industry. Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded for training purposes.

NACFB