What is Equity Release?
The value of a home, minus any outstanding mortgage, can be described as ‘equity’. In order to qualify for equity release, customers must own their home and be aged 55 or over. The most popular form is a lifetime mortgage, which enables customers to maintain homeownership.
There are several reasons the equity release market is growing, including;
- An ageing population – This is putting a strain on our pensions, the cost of social care and personal savings.
- IO mortgages leaving a financial shortfall - Many clients find they still owe money even though the term has ended, or is about to end. Equity release is a popular solution for clearing this.
- Helping family members financially – Parents/grandparents wanting to lend a helping hand to their family to help them get on the property ladder.
What we can offer?
- 75% Referral fee – per referral, our partners earn on average £1,200 - paid within 7 days of completion.
- Free marketing support – we provide tailored marketing and benefits packages to help boost your business.
- Partner shadowing service – by shadowing our advisors throughout the customer journey, you will gain knowledge and be in full control of the relationship.
1Source: Touchstone data number of equity release plans Jan 2018 - March 2019.